ABZ Valve ABZolute Seal Series 400 – Double Offset High-Performance Butterfly Valves
ABZolute Seal Series 400 Technical Information
The ABZ Valve includes the following features:
- Underneath drawn gland packing
- Stainless steel stem
- Mounting flange designed for direct mount actuation for ease of installation and cost savings
- Extended neck allowing for two inches of pipe insulation
- Packing using a cup and cone system
- Blowout proof stem designed per API 609 standards
- Advanced free-floating, pressure-assisted, solid seat design
- High-quality one-piece casting body
- Disc taper pins placed in compression rather than in sheet (yield point is more than the stem itself)
- Integrally cast disc position stop
- Disc engineered for a quick release which reduces seat wear and torque
- Seat retainer plate
- Bearings made of graphite impregnated or reinforced PTFE impregnated Stainless Steel for long service life
Read more about the soft seat, fire-safe seat, and metal seat designs below.
Soft seat design
With a solid seat, free-floating and pressure-assisted seal, the ABZolute 400 series soft seated valves are rated full ANSI pressure. Both the seat and seat retainers are designed for double dead-end and bi-directional service. The soft seat design also includes class VI bi-directional shut off.
Fire-safe seat design
No additional parts are required to maintain a positive seal and the fire safe valves are also rated full ANSI pressure. These valves are set up with a Class VI shut off before fire and Class V shut off after fire.
Metal seat design
The metal seat design includes a machined metal seat, free-floating, uni-directional, pressure-assisted seal.